Participating in Surveys – Online Survey Jobs
Have you ever been asked to fill out a survey regarding a particular company’s products or customer service? Did you get paid to do it? Probably not.
Companies love it when they can convince customers to help them out for free, but that doesn’t always garner the results that they need. Have you ever taken a survey over the phone that starts out like, “On a scale from 1 to 5, how would you rate our service?” Most people are inclined to press 5 or 1 for every answer, which doesn’t paint an accurate picture of the service provided. Many companies are willing to pay consumers to take surveys because paid surveys usually provide the most accurate and honest results.
So how can you benefit from taking online surveys? There are several reasons why you should give it a try.
1) Make some extra money. This is obviously the number one reason why you would want to spend your spare time taking surveys. Many websites will actually pay you cold hard cash to take a moment of your time each day to complete surveys. Surveys that are completed online tend to yield results that give companies a vivid picture of the customer’s experience, which is oftentimes information that is worth every penny.
2) Earn gift cards for taking surveys. Many companies prefer to compensate survey takers with valuable gift cards for their products and services. This is a clever way for companies to compensate survey takers while ensuring that the money they reward goes back into their business. If you’re taking surveys for companies that provide products you have no interest in, you can always sell your gift cards on CardPool.com, minus a small percentage off the gift card for using their service.
3) Get discounts on services. Some companies, specifically monthly service providers, will offer service discounts for taking surveys and giving feedback online. The information that they receive from people taking surveys helps them improve their overall bottom line and customer service, so they have no problem with offering service discounts for individuals that are willing to take the time to give them their two cents.
Taking online surveys can be a fun way to earn some extra money, gift cards to your favorite restaurants and online stores, and discounts on services that are costing you your hard-earned money every month. All of the work required can be done from the comfort of your own home, and there’s no overhead or hidden costs to getting started. All it requires is a computer and a little bit of your spare time, so why not give it a shot!
Job Summary: Participating in online surveys
- Suitable for age range: 16+ years old, although some websites will require you to be at least 18 years old before registering to take surveys.
- Safety and security: Minimum safety and security risks when working in-home.
- Can improve your: Typing skills, creative writing skills, online skills.
- Can continue as a career? Most people take online surveys to supplement their incomes, receive discounts on services, or earn gift cards and vouchers.
- Required soft skills: Typing skills and reading comprehension skills.
- Required hard skills: Ability to work in an online setting, to navigate different websites, set up accounts, and register to take online surveys. You may also need to have a checking account or PayPal account set up to receive payments for your surveys.
- Resources and network:
o Amazon Mechanical Turk – Take Surveys Online with Amazon.
o About.com – Get Paid to Take Surveys.
o Swagbucks – Take Surveys Online Now!
- Where & how to find one? When you’re looking to work online, the best place to find that work is to search online. Try utilizing search engine sites like Google and Bing to find the best online survey providers. Make sure that you’re cautious in your search, and ALWAYS avoid a survey site that requires a credit card number. A good policy is to check a site with the Better Business Bureau to make sure that it’s legit before moving forward with your survey ambitions. For start you can try surveycompare.net
- Estimated pay: Pay can vary from a few cents per quick 5-minute survey on Amazon Turk, to $50 gift cards and discounts on cruises. In the world of online surveying there really isn’t a limit to the amount of cash, prizes, discounts and vouchers you can earn.