Customer Service from Home – Online Jobs
Think about the last time you were on the phone with a customer service representative. Now try to picture where those people work. You probably imagine them talking to you from a bland cubicle in a huge office building somewhere, fluorescent lighting beaming down from the ceiling and lighting up the pictures of their families on their otherwise boring desks… doesn’t sound like a great place to work, does it?
Well believe it or not, many people work customer service jobs while still wearing their house shoes, right from the comfort of their own homes. These customer service jobs aren’t just associated with obscure businesses, either. Many reputable companies like TDS Telecom, Aetna, and Xerox employ customer service representatives that work out of their home offices.
There are some phenomenal benefits that come with working from home, too. Some of those benefits include:
1) Avoiding a commute to and from work. No one likes sitting in traffic, especially when it’s the middle of the summer, triple-digit temperatures outside and your car’s AC is on the fritz. Working as a customer service representative from home takes that dreadful daily commute out of the equation. Plus you won’t be shelling out all of your hard-earned money to pay for gas every other day.
2) Working in a relaxing environment. Does having your boss walking by your cubicle and looking over your shoulder every ten minutes really help you get your work done, or does it just stress you out? If you’re looking for a job that is driven by the results you can deliver, then working from home as a customer service rep would be a great way to reduce the daily headaches that are associated with working in a mundane office environment.
3) Special tax incentives. Working out of a home office also qualifies you for special tax incentives. Home office deductions can apply to your annual federal income tax return. All you have to do is subtract the amount of space that is being used for your office from your total living area, and then apply that value to your annual living expenses. When taking a home office deduction, it’s always best to consult a certified accountant to get the latest information regarding deductions. Many allowable deductions change every single year.
Does working from home as a customer service representative sound like the perfect job for you? If you’re the type of person that loves talking to people, helping customers solve their problems, and walking to the next room to go to work instead of driving across town, then working from a home office as a customer service rep may be the perfect choice for you.
Job Summary: Customer service from home
- Suitable for age range: 18+ years old (most companies that utilize at-home contractors require them to be at least eighteen years of age).
- Safety and security: Minimum safety and security risks when working in-home, other than those associated with basic Internet usage.
- Can improve your: Communication, confidence when talk to customers, ability to solve problems and resolve issues in a professional manner.
- Can continue as a career? Many people lead out long and satisfying careers as customer service representatives that work from home. Many companies will promote from within, too, allowing you to move up the company ladder while working from a home office.
- Required soft skills: Ability to communicate clearly, self-motivated, and a reliable work ethic.
- Required hard skills: Familiarity with various Internet tools and work-from-home platforms provided by employers, ability to self-manage and complete work in a timely manner without direct supervision.
- Resources and network:
o AlpineAccess – World’s leading outsourcer of call center services
o Salary.com – Customer Service Representative
o Mashable.com – Work From Home? Your Taxes Just Got Easier
- Where & how to find one? The best way to find job opportunities that allow you to work from home as a customer service rep is to go online and search for these positions on sites like Monster and indeed.com. You can also try a Google search for a list of specific companies that allow employees to work from home, like the list featured here from Business News Daily.
- Estimated pay: Customer service representatives that are working from home earn a median annual salary of $30,678 according to Salary.com.