What You Should Watch When Buying a Website on Flippa?
Flippa.com is one of the auction marketplaces to buy and sell online entities including domain names, websites, mobile Apps and more. The marketplace deems to be good to leap start an online business for those who want to buy a ready made business. The online business could be web marketing agency, SEO and social marketing platform, online dropship business, eCommerce website, blog and so on.
I have been watching some of the sellers and the transactions on Flippa and have to say that I started to be worry about the dignity and ethic of the deals and the process. In few cases the sellers were hesitant to provide enough information, instead pushing to sell as high as possible. Some of the blogs and websites showed sky record traffic just few month from inception and the seller claim that all the traffic was organic; hard to believe right.
In an interview back in September 2013 the marketing manager of Flippa Ophélie Lechat addressed some of the concerns mentioned above (stream it on top of this article, also here), but not all. I ended up sending a note to Flippa and suggesting that they should have a better scunity of the cases that sellers put up for auction on Flippa. I believe the reputation of Flippa would be at risk if buyers’ concern continues.
Topics covered in this interview:
- 04:30 – Background of buying/selling websites online
- 07:00 – Types of websites for sale on Flippa?
- 08:30 – PayPal e-Check frauds you should be aware of
- 11:30 – Why do some people want to sell profitable websites?
- 13:00 – Why is there a listing fee on Flippa?
- 14:30 – Why it makes sense people to buy websites starting out
- 16:00 – Valuation of websites and some common practices
- 20:00 – How to narrow down a list of websites to buy
- 21:30 – How to verify people on Flippa with some simple checks
- 24:00 – Is escrow worth the extra transaction cost?
- 28:00 – Typical timeline of buying a site to completing the transaction
- 29:30 – What % of sites sell on their first auction?
- 32:30 – Checking the SEO health / link profiles of the website on sale
- 35:00 – Selling apps on Flippa and future additions to the platform
If you are impressed with those who claim that they have made $5,000-$10,000 per month by flipping websites on Flippa, and you want to try Flippa to flip websites or buy one to leap start your online business, you may want to consider consulting with few experts before placing your bid.
Continue this article on How to Call Fake Deals on Flippa?